HAIT offers three Translation MA programmes :
- Translation Technology
Drawing on the expertise of highly qualified researchers, teachers and experts from the all over the world, these programmes aim to enhance practical skills in translation and/or interpretation, with an intellectual perspective on the discipline of translation studies and the new emerging trends and the latest in translation technologies.
Learning through an effective blend of theory and practice, students will develop critical thinking on language use and translation, learn to implement various translation strategies and broaden their understanding of a variety of issues in relation to translation.
The programmes are taught through a combination of lectures and exercises in practical translation/interpretation, in conjunction with individual tutorials, student presentations and guest lectures, and upon successful completion of one of these programmes, students will:
- develop critical thinking on language use, translation and new technologies
- understand the key concepts of the academic discipline of translation studies
- learn to implement the diverse approaches to translation prevalent within translation studies in the form of various translation strategies
- broaden and deepen understanding of a variety of issues in relation to translation
- acquire important transferable skills
As for carreer opportunities, HAIT built these programmes with the aim of graduating students (with a Masters degree) having the skills and confidence they need to take their interest in translation and interpretation to an advanced level, either with a research degree or a role in a related field.
Students will also graduate with a number of transferable skills, such as communication and research, that will help them gain employment in any area they choose.